Thursday, July 23, 2009

Kings of the Week

After a whirlwind week, I'm back in action. You may notice that the background color of the blog has changed and the idea came to me through Nick Planeta's blog about his father, Steve, who is heroically battling pancreatic cancer. Purple is the official color to promote awareness for pancreatic cancer so I have joined Nick in switching colors. To stay updated with Steve's progress, check in at http://www.steveplaneta.blogspot.com/, and continue to keep him and his family in your prayers.

So since the last time I posted I have had a few new experiences. The first and major one is that I went to a Elton John and Billy Joel concert last Saturday night at Gilette Stadium. When I was asked by a friend if I wanted to join her since she had an extra ticket, I must admit I was a little skeptical. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the music of Elton John and Billy Joel, but mostly only when I am in the car with my mom and their music comes on Magic 106.7. It would be a blatant lie to say that I have ever been an adamant fan of either musician. I did end up going however, (in a gigantic stretch Escalade limo, pictures will be posted soon) and the concert was a blast. The two performed on stage at the same time and their pianos faced each other as they played each other's music and kept a great show going for about 3 hours. I never realized just how many songs of theirs that I am familiar with, but they played hit songs the whole concert, which was great. The traffic leaving Gilette was not so great though, as it took us about 3 hours to get home, but hey, when you're in an Escalade limo, traffic isn't necessarily the worst thing! It was a great experience, one that I am very happy I didn't pass up.

And now time to announce this week's "King of the Week," and this week we have a group of people who will share the title. Five very good friends of mine from high school, Eric Wilson, Ryan Littman-Quinn, Eric Forsythe (not pictured above), Aaron "King Ed" Edelman, and Sam Shoolman (in order from left to right in picture above) are going to run the New York City Half-Marathon on August 16th. This feat would be impressive enough by itself, but they are also running it for the second straight year in order to benefit the American Cancer Society. Last year, they were able to raise over $1,300 in donations to the ACS and this year their goal is to raise $5,500. Last I checked, they have raised $3,143 which shatters their mark from last year and is over half of their desired goal for this year. If you would like to make a donation, please visit their team page at: http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/DetermiNation/CRFY09Eastern?team_id=516442&pg=team&fr_id=19033&fl=en_US&et=tjPWhwVU-0gv5HinbnBShg..&s_tafId=317828. Any donation at all will help them to reach their goal and, more broadly, help the ACS continue to drive forward in its cancer research that is inexplicably important.

Also, I found a picture of exactly what my sister Shayla's billboard looks like. It is right off 93 heading into Boston and when you drive by it you can't miss it. She loves being a celebrity!

Until next time...

LATE ADDITION* I just saw this video on one of the funny blogs I check everyday and had to put it up here. I have never seen anything like this, pretty funny...hope you like it...

No comments:

Post a Comment